How to transfer Quickbooks to new computer with Windows 11 or Windows 10
In this article, we’ll see how to transfer Quickbooks (along with other programs) from one computer to another, including reports, company files, .QBM and .QBB files, transactions, data and everything else you need for it to function just as on the old machine.
There are two ways to do the transfer. First option is a manual reinstall. In order to do that, you will need to install a new copy of Quick books on the new computer (assuming you have the installation media, and have the license information written down). Then, you’ll need to find and copy your data, your reports, your settings and configurations. Of course, there is a better way.
In this tutorial, we’ll learn how to transfer Quickbooks completely automatically – using Zinstall WinWin, and copy Quickbooks software, data, reports, settings from the old laptop or deskop to the new one. This tutorial works for XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8/8.1, Windows 10 and Windows 11. Yes, this does mean that you can transfer Quickbooks even from XP to Windows 11!
How to transfer Quickbooks from one computer to another
- Download Zinstall WinWin on both computers.
Note: You can get WinWin here, and its user guide here.
- Run Zinstall WinWin on the old computer.
- Run Zinstall WinWin on the new computer.
- You don’t need to do any configurations for the computers to connect – it’s automatic.
- If the computers are already connect to same router, same Internet connection, or same wireless connection, you don’t need anything else.
- If the computers are not connected at all, connect them with a network / Ethernet cable.
- If you’d like to select which applications and files you want to transfer, press the Advanced menu. If you just want to transfer everything, you don’t need to go to the Advanced menu. Quickbooks will be transferred automatically.
- Press “Go” on the new computer to start the transfer
- The transfer will take a while (depending on how much data you have to transfer), and report to you when done.
That’s it! You now have Quickbooks, with all of your data and other programs, on your new computer.
Ready to transfer your Quickbooks to your new computer, along with your other programs and files?
Get Zinstall WinWin here
Video tutorial – how to transfer Quickbooks to a new computer